Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Laptop wi-fi has life of is own

Laptop wi-fi has life of is own

=?Utf-8?B?aGF2ZW5sYWQ=?=

XP Pro
IBM Thinkpad T41p
Wireless card Intel Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adaptor

A client is using this and his wireless button is turning itself off every 5
minutes or so. Looking into device manager, all seems fine except the Wiress
off button keeps doing whatever it wants even if i have a connection that is
not idle. It connects fine on 3G and had no problems, but not vis Wireless.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Chris

=?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=

Have you contacted IBM ?? Perhaps they've seen this problem before.

MD