Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless computer to computer connection

Wireless computer to computer connection

=?Utf-8?B?SmV6YQ==?=

I have just purchase two laptop computers, both with Wi-Fi. I have tried in
vain to connect these computers via wireless connect with limited results. At
present, both computer connect to the "Home" network I created, but they are
unable to "connect" together. I've even tried turning off the firewall on
both and sharing the entire "C" drive. All I want to do is be able to share
files between them and the cable internal connection (which is on my laptop,
via the built in nework card). Both laptops are running XP home SP2, with all
current Microsoft updates installed. Please help as my wife is getting nasty
because we can not share the internet connection.

Doug Sherman [MVP]

Try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...wman_02april08.
mspx

Note your new computers are likely running third party security software
which may need to be configured to allow file sharing.

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...