Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP - Allow wired NIC to use the wireless NIC (packet forwarding)

XP - Allow wired NIC to use the wireless NIC (packet forwarding)

=?Utf-8?B?R0dpbk5K?=

ok. I'm not sure if this is straight bridging.

Right now I have a laptop with both a wireless NIC and a wired NIC.
I have wired vonage adapter which accesses the wireless router through a
wireless gaming adapter, this way, the vonage phone doesn't depend on the
laptop to work.

I'm going to vacation, and they have wireless access, but I'd rather not have
to setup the gaming adapter for a new SSID.

So, once the laptop negotiates the new connection with the router, how would
I setup the laptop, so that any traffic on the wired NIC also is sent to the
wireless NIC, this way, I could just plug the wired vonage adapter in, and
it's DHCP would grab an address via the laptop's login to the wireless
adapter.

Is this just setting both networks to the bridge adapter?

=?Utf-8?B?R0dpbk5K?=

hmm. Looks like the answer seems too simple.

I'll have to try it tonight.

This was one feature that linux has that I really liked, and used.