Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't portforward

Can't portforward

Paul

I have a Belkin router and for some reason all of the sudden I cant get into
the Virtual Servers page, when I click on the "Submit" button nothing
happens. This is ONLY on my computer. All the other computers in my house
work fine, I can port forward with them. Obviously a setting has gone wrong
on my computer. Any ideas where to look? Thanks Paul

Johnathan

Paul wrote:
> I have a Belkin router and for some reason all of the sudden I cant
> get into the Virtual Servers page, when I click on the "Submit"
> button nothing happens. This is ONLY on my computer. All the other
> computers in my house work fine, I can port forward with them.
> Obviously a setting has gone wrong on my computer. Any ideas where to
> look? Thanks Paul

Firewall installation/Update?

Paul

Thanks for replying. I have my firewall up to date but still doesn't work.

Jack

Hi

I do not know what the problem is, but Router does not need to be configured
from a specific computer.

You can configure the Router from any computer on the Network, even for
settings that involve other computers, as long as you know the IP number of
each computer.

Jack (MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Paul wrote:
> Thanks for replying. I have my firewall up to date but still doesn't
> work.

I just started using a proxy server on one system which gives me an error:
"Bad Gateway
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server."

If this helps.

What is displayed when you try to connect? Please post back if and when you
find your problem.

Thanks.

Johnathan

Paul wrote:
> Thanks for replying. I have my firewall up to date but still doesn't
> work.

Actually what I meant was that if you just updated you firewall as I do
whenever a newer version of Zone Alarm come out there might have been a
setting changed at that time. I am have not used Port forwarding in some
time. Have you Googled for your problem?

http://groups.google.com/groups?lnk=...arding+stopped

Have you read tutorials?

http://www.ox.compsoc.net/~steve/portforwarding.html

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101145.asp