Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless network not found on new laptop

wireless network not found on new laptop

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZSBD?=

I just bought a wireless laptop. At home, other computers and laptop are all
using a wireless ADSL route (DSL-G60TL) to access files and internet by wired
and wireless. But the new laptop could not detect and show the hoem wireless
network, although it might detect and show other neighbourhood wireless
connections nearby. If I use a USB wireless adaptor on the new laptop, a
wireless network connection 2 will show up and can be connected to access the
internet after a few configuration on the wireless settings. But, why the
default wireless network connection can't see or show the home wireless one?
There is no conflicts on the onboard wireless card under Device Manager. I
also turn off the firewall functions. Can anyone help? Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
As well as.
Wireless, Basic Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Pete C" <Pete http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just bought a wireless laptop. At home, other computers and laptop are
>all
> using a wireless ADSL route (DSL-G60TL) to access files and internet by
> wired
> and wireless. But the new laptop could not detect and show the hoem
> wireless
> network, although it might detect and show other neighbourhood wireless
> connections nearby. If I use a USB wireless adaptor on the new laptop, a
> wireless network connection 2 will show up and can be connected to access
> the
> internet after a few configuration on the wireless settings. But, why the
> default wireless network connection can't see or show the home wireless
> one?
> There is no conflicts on the onboard wireless card under Device Manager. I
> also turn off the firewall functions. Can anyone help? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZSBD?=

Thanks, Jack.
Finally, I found that the channel setting on the wireless card is not
matching with the route. Making things difficult is the the fields such as
"Channel" on the utility are not properly labelled. Therefore, I felt very
hard to do modification as required.