Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connectivity problems

Connectivity problems

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTHlvbg==?=

I am having problems with my wireless connection.

I have an SBC Barricade g router, as well as a Dell TrueMobile B. I am
trying to run them side by side, with the Dell for the kids, and the SMC for
myself, mainly work. My computer is a Dell 9200 running XP Home, fully
updated.

I decided to try and make the SMC network secure. However, I got part way
through what I thought were the necessary changes, and can no longer access
the SMC configuration page. When I try to use the setup disk, it keeps
telling me to register the product, which I already did over a year ago.

What is happening with the SMC is that it connects, but tells me I have
limited or no connectivity.

For some reason, I can also no longer connect using the Dell.

I have tried a variety of things. I went to the SMC site, and got the
address for accessing the router configuration page. However, that is no
longer working. I tried connecting the Dell router directly to the cable
modem, but that didn't help. I know that I have an operable Internet
connection, because I am writing this using a hardwire attachment to the same
cable modem, through a hardwire router which also serves the wireless router.

At this point, I am ready to head down to the computer store, buy a new
wireless router, and start over from scratch.

However, if someone can suggest how I might resolve this, I would very much
appreciate it.

Thank you.

--
David Lyon

Doug Sherman [MVP]

Try:

1. Use an ethernet cable to connect a computer to a LAN port on the
Barricade.

2. Open a command prompt and: ipconfig /all ENTER.

3. Write down the IP address for your Default Gateway - try to connect to
the Barricade's configuration page using this address.

4. If ipconfig /all does not show a default gateway, go back to the SMC
site and find out how to reset the device to its factory defaults. Make
sure you know any required default login info.

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...