Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > used to connect not anymore

used to connect not anymore

=?Utf-8?B?dGhlc29jY2Vyb25lNw==?=

when i first got my laptop, i had a connection that was very high. now its
been about 2 weeks and now i cannot connect to that connection. i have to
settle for a lesser one and now i cant get it to a room accross the hall. the
icon is still there and shows a great signal. but i click on it and it takes
forever to try and connect and doesnt. why is this and can i fix it?

Diamontina Cocktail

"thesoccerone7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when i first got my laptop, i had a connection that was very high. now its
> been about 2 weeks and now i cannot connect to that connection. i have to
> settle for a lesser one and now i cant get it to a room accross the hall.
> the
> icon is still there and shows a great signal. but i click on it and it
> takes
> forever to try and connect and doesnt. why is this and can i fix it?

Just at a guess, the wireless connections you are making aren't owned by you
and weren't supposed to be for your use, right? If that is right, someone
with the high connection stopped you getting on is all.

ato_zee@hotmail.com

On 28-Jun-2006, "Diamontina Cocktail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just at a guess, the wireless connections you are making aren't owned by you
> and weren't supposed to be for your use, right? If that is right, someone
> with the high connection stopped you getting on is all.

Then Netstumbler should reveal what going on around him.
It's on some UK magazine DVD issue cover disks, or as a
free download.