Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Trying to put a PC and Mac together

Trying to put a PC and Mac together

=?Utf-8?B?SnVuaW9y?=

I have a Powerbook Mac with which I can create a Wireless network (airport)
and share my broadband internet with my desktop PC.

The opposite is not true when I tried to set up a wireless network on my PC
and have it shared wirelessly with my Mac.

On my PC I am using a I-O Data USB wireless adapter. How should I proceed ??

Axel Hammerschmidt

Junior <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a Powerbook Mac with which I can create a Wireless network
> (airport) and share my broadband internet with my desktop PC.
>
> The opposite is not true when I tried to set up a wireless network on my
> PC and have it shared wirelessly with my Mac.
>
> On my PC I am using a I-O Data USB wireless adapter. How should I proceed
> ??

A Mac running Mac Os 9, or OS X 10.2 and later, has built-in a feature
called Software Base station. I do not think you can do that with a Winows
PC unless you have an application. Of course you can set up a software base
station with your PC running Linux, with certain (Prism) cards.