Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Thinkpad R30 and WPA-PSK

Thinkpad R30 and WPA-PSK

Telesphore

Where can I update the High Rate Wireless LAN Mini PCI combo card driver of
the IBM ThinkPad R30 so that I could communicate with a NetGear Wireless
Router with the WPA-PSK security?

Thank you.

Malke

Telesphore wrote:

> Where can I update the High Rate Wireless LAN Mini PCI combo card
> driver of the IBM ThinkPad R30 so that I could communicate with a
> NetGear Wireless
> Router with the WPA-PSK security?
>
> Thank you.

You would have to look at Lenovo's tech support site for that specific
model laptop to see if it is possible to update the firmware of the
card. If it isn't, then you are out of luck and would need to purchase
a wireless adapter that supports the security level you want.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers