Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Enabling wireless connection

Enabling wireless connection

=?Utf-8?B?V3JudGRpdmE=?=

I have a Toshiba Satellite M105-S3001 and run on Windows XP home edition with
service pack 2. I live in an area that does not have DSL, so I had a
wireless connection installed. The connection shows up under the network
connections, but I can not enable the connection. The wireless company says
it is a problem with the IP address, but I can't figure out how to fix it.
When I ran IPCONFIG/ALL, it showed "DCHP enabled - no". I don't know if that
is the problem, but if it is, how do I change it? I would appreciate any
help. Just using dial-up is driving me nuts.

Lem

Wrntdiva wrote:

> I have a Toshiba Satellite M105-S3001 and run on Windows XP home edition with
> service pack 2. I live in an area that does not have DSL, so I had a
> wireless connection installed. The connection shows up under the network
> connections, but I can not enable the connection. The wireless company says
> it is a problem with the IP address, but I can't figure out how to fix it.
> When I ran IPCONFIG/ALL, it showed "DCHP enabled - no". I don't know if that
> is the problem, but if it is, how do I change it? I would appreciate any
> help. Just using dial-up is driving me nuts.

Not enough info.
Do you mean EV-DO wireless broadband (probably)? Or 802.11b or 802.11g wifi?

What hardware are you using? Be complete, and identify makes and
models. Who "installed" this for you and why did you let them get away
before it was working?