Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DSL & Wireless Networking

DSL & Wireless Networking

=?Utf-8?B?RXZlbHlu?=

Do I need to sign up with my ISP for wireless internet if I already have DSL
service? There's only one computer in the house and I don't think I need the
whole home networking package they offer. Thanks.
--
Evelyn

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

If you have DSL and you would like to share the connection between few
computers (Wired, and or Wireless) you do not need your ISP, you can buy the
Hardware and do it yourself. The result probably would be more flexible and
less expensive Network.

The content of the following links will provide you with a basic tutorial
about Sharing Internet and using Wireless; it is short and to the point:

The three first pages were written ages ago. You might ignore the prices,
and the specific choice of hardware, stick with the principles they are
still the same.

Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -

Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -

Wireless Principles - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122

The whole thing should like this,

http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html