Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > adhoc causes machine to hang up on reboot

adhoc causes machine to hang up on reboot

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZQ==?=

I've had serious trouble trying to connect my ipaq (PPC 2003) to activesync
(3. that has casued me to have to completely restore my laptop to factory
settings. There was nummerous things I had to do in this process, so I
didn't know what was causing my problem until recently. Every time I create
a new adhoc wireless connection setting on my desktop it makes it act very
strange when I reboot. It takes it 3 or 4 minutes to finally load my desktop
screen, when it normally only takes 2 minutes or less. It just sort of
hangs, and doesn't load anything on the desktop, and then after a LONG time
it finally loads up. If I delete that adhoc partnership I made it goes back
to normal! Strange.
Anyone know why this could be? I have XP Pro on a Sony tr3ap2
thanks,
ck

Diamontina Cocktail

Not answering your question, sorry but thought I would mention that you may
get an answer on the Ipaq forum on the HP web site.

"Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've had serious trouble trying to connect my ipaq (PPC 2003) to
> activesync
> (3. that has casued me to have to completely restore my laptop to
> factory
> settings. There was nummerous things I had to do in this process, so I
> didn't know what was causing my problem until recently. Every time I
> create
> a new adhoc wireless connection setting on my desktop it makes it act
> very
> strange when I reboot. It takes it 3 or 4 minutes to finally load my
> desktop
> screen, when it normally only takes 2 minutes or less. It just sort of
> hangs, and doesn't load anything on the desktop, and then after a LONG
> time
> it finally loads up. If I delete that adhoc partnership I made it goes
> back
> to normal! Strange.
> Anyone know why this could be? I have XP Pro on a Sony tr3ap2
> thanks,
> ck

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZQ==?=

Okay, I'll check there. But this lock up problem happens without any
interaction to my ipaq. If I create a random adhoc setting, it makes my
laptop start acting funny.
ck