Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Disable wifi setting "connect when network is in range"

Reply
Thread Tools

Disable wifi setting "connect when network is in range"

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Tmlr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2006
I've created a policy to configure domain clients with wireless settings that
authenticate using PEAP. Everything works OK.

I'm not able to disable this setting via GPO. When a PC is connected via a
cable the PC gets 2 IP addresses which gives some problems in our network.

How can I disable this setting?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2006
Hi
I an not sure if it can be done by policy but the principle is,
http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Nik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've created a policy to configure domain clients with wireless settings
> that
> authenticate using PEAP. Everything works OK.
>
> I'm not able to disable this setting via GPO. When a PC is connected via
> a
> cable the PC gets 2 IP addresses which gives some problems in our network.
>
> How can I disable this setting?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Diamontina Cocktail
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-15-2006
Not commenting on the GPO option but suggestion another way on each machine:

Net Switcher.

Run it when you want one way or the other.


"Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I an not sure if it can be done by policy but the principle is,
> http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Nik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've created a policy to configure domain clients with wireless settings
>> that
>> authenticate using PEAP. Everything works OK.
>>
>> I'm not able to disable this setting via GPO. When a PC is connected via
>> a
>> cable the PC gets 2 IP addresses which gives some problems in our
>> network.
>>
>> How can I disable this setting?

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Nik
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-15-2006
- By changing the metric => the PC still gets 2 IP addresses (DHCP range
limited). I need to check if possible via policy as temporary solution.
- I'm sorry but Net Switcher is not an option for us (user intervention,
installation, extra tool, ...)

Thx Nik


"Diamontina Cocktail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not commenting on the GPO option but suggestion another way on each
> machine:
>
> Net Switcher.
>
> Run it when you want one way or the other.
>
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> I an not sure if it can be done by policy but the principle is,
>> http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Nik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've created a policy to configure domain clients with wireless settings
>>> that
>>> authenticate using PEAP. Everything works OK.
>>>
>>> I'm not able to disable this setting via GPO. When a PC is connected
>>> via a
>>> cable the PC gets 2 IP addresses which gives some problems in our
>>> network.
>>>
>>> How can I disable this setting?

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Files Visible Over WiFi and Hard-Wired, But Won't Open Over WiFi? (PeteCresswell) Wireless Networking 2 12-29-2008 05:21 PM
Setting up a community wifi network Kalambong Wireless Networking 3 09-03-2008 02:31 AM
a directory of free wifi site and we also promote expanded free wifi asnicholasjr@comcast.net Wireless Networking 0 05-02-2007 12:03 PM
Disable wifi setting "connect when network is in range" -Tab conn =?Utf-8?B?Tmlr?= Wireless Networking 0 06-14-2006 02:03 PM
Dell True Mobile 1300"G" WiFi Card/Notebook and Hotel WiFi and WiFii Hot Spots Mike Computer Support 5 06-17-2004 04:09 AM



Advertisments