Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > USB Adapter disconnects

USB Adapter disconnects

David T

I have a slightly irratating problem with my wireless network..
I have a linksys USB adapter connected to the PC with a Linksys router and a
D-Link print server connected to a Epson Printer...
I also have a USB switch box connect to be able to select weather the
printed is on the print server or on the PC's usb. I do this so i can check
the printer ink levels and use the scanner function...
The problem is that when i switch the printer to the usb connection the
wireless usb adapter doesn't work and i lose my connection...
when i switch back the adapter works and i reconnect to my network...

Any thoughs or help on solving this problem would be greatly appreciated...

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I would suspect the USB Switch box.
Might be that during the switching the Printer server get to be momentarily
connected to the computer and it bumps the regular wireless.
Try to do the same by just plugging and unplugging the USB Cables and see
if it does the same.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..