Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > File & Printer Sharing also died

File & Printer Sharing also died

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gWg==?=

I have been reading the various threads on file & printer sharing and have
not been able to fix my problem.

I have a desktop with xp (sp2) and a wireles laptop with xp (sp2) and they
are connected by a Linksys router. Until two weeks ago I had dial up
internet and used the network to share my printer.

I added WildBlue to the mix and I haven't been able to share my files or
printer since. Internet share perfectly.

I have tried all the tricks posted here and some form various websites. The
computers will ping each other. Windows Firewall is disabled. Mcafee
Firewall is configured to allow the IP's of both computers. The routers
filewall is set the same way.

I get the "you do not have permission" message when I try to view the shared
folders via network neighborhood. I have removed and added back file and
printer sharing. I have shared, unshared and shared again the folders I want
and I still cannot get it to work.

Thanks for any help!

Brian

=?Utf-8?B?Y2F0aDk5OQ==?=

Hi Brian,

I have endured lots of problems, too, with the XP file and settings
transfer. They tried to help me from Microsoft but I finally asked them to
stop as it did not help. At the end of the day I used Laplink PC mover and
that helped me transfer all my files.
Not sure if this answer can or will help you....

Best regards,
--
Cath999