Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Matrix composed by two matrix

Reply
Thread Tools

Matrix composed by two matrix

 
 
lvcargnini
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2006
Hi,
I have a matrix of (0 to 53, 0 to 67) and i create other two matrix
one of x(0 to 53, 0 to 53) and another y(0 to 53, 0 to 5) how could i
map this two matrix on bigger matrix ?
the easy way, correct way, the combinatorial way.
To do this outside an process statement or even inside a process.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jonathan Bromley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2006
On 4 Jul 2006 09:41:07 -0700, "lvcargnini"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a matrix of (0 to 53, 0 to 67) and i create other two matrix
>one of x(0 to 53, 0 to 53) and another y(0 to 53, 0 to 5) how could i
>map this two matrix on bigger matrix ?
>the easy way, correct way, the combinatorial way.
>To do this outside an process statement or even inside a process.


Write a conversion function that takes the two smaller matrices
and returns a value of the large matrix type. Use FOR loops
inside this function to do the copying.
--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * e * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Project Services

Doulos Ltd., 22 Market Place, Ringwood, BH24 1AW, UK
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

The contents of this message may contain personal views which
are not the views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
lvcargnini
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2006
Hi,
all matrix are of type std_logic. So the manner that you are saying me
to do is using forr loops inisde a process or a function, correct ?
but if a create a function, I don't need to call the function inside a
process block ?
Jonathan Bromley wrote:
> On 4 Jul 2006 09:41:07 -0700, "lvcargnini"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I have a matrix of (0 to 53, 0 to 67) and i create other two matrix
> >one of x(0 to 53, 0 to 53) and another y(0 to 53, 0 to 5) how could i
> >map this two matrix on bigger matrix ?
> >the easy way, correct way, the combinatorial way.
> >To do this outside an process statement or even inside a process.

>
> Write a conversion function that takes the two smaller matrices
> and returns a value of the large matrix type. Use FOR loops
> inside this function to do the copying.
> --
> Jonathan Bromley, Consultant
>
> DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
> VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * e * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Project Services
>
> Doulos Ltd., 22 Market Place, Ringwood, BH24 1AW, UK
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.MYCOMPANY.com
>
> The contents of this message may contain personal views which
> are not the views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan Bromley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2006
>all matrix are of type std_logic. So the manner that you are saying me
>to do is using forr loops inisde a process or a function, correct ?
>but if a create a function, I don't need to call the function inside a
>process block ?


Yes; but why is that an issue? EVERY piece of procedural code in
VHDL runs inside a process, although sometimes the process is
disguised (for example, a concurrent signal assignment is in
fact a process). So you could easily write a concurrent
signal assignment that calls your function:

big_matrix <= combine_function (small_matrix, tiny_matrix);

That's why functions are such a neat solution for this sort of
thing - you can use them all over the place.
--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * e * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Project Services

Doulos Ltd., 22 Market Place, Ringwood, BH24 1AW, UK
(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

The contents of this message may contain personal views which
are not the views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xsl totals composed from variables the_jos XML 5 11-06-2006 04:04 AM
Initializing composed objects alacrite@gmail.com C++ 6 10-20-2006 05:59 PM
Using protected with composed class in an implented interface? iksrazal Java 2 03-08-2005 11:37 AM
Smallville not composed for widescreen Waterperson77 DVD Video 67 12-16-2003 03:16 AM
Defining composed keys [XSD] Francesc Guim Bernat XML 0 07-29-2003 07:49 AM



Advertisments