Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > CGI checkbox labelling confuses javascript

CGI checkbox labelling confuses javascript

Greg G

I'm using a bit of javascript code to get the object type of cells in a
table. However, because of the way CGI's checkbox function puts a
<label>...</label> block around the checkbox. This confuses javascript
which says that the type of object in that cell is unknown.

This seems to be a new feature in the checkbox function. I had this
same code running under FC2 (sorry, I don't know what the perl version
or version of CGI I had running), but it does this label block under
5.8.6/CGI 3.10

Is there any way to suppress this label block?

Thanks.

-Greg G

Mumia W.

Greg G wrote:
> I'm using a bit of javascript code to get the object type of cells in a
> table. However, because of the way CGI's checkbox function puts a
> <label>...</label> block around the checkbox. This confuses javascript
> which says that the type of object in that cell is unknown.
> [...]

Hi Greg.

What's stopping you from writing the HTML code for the
checkbox directly?

Greg G

Mumia W. wrote:
> Greg G wrote:
>> I'm using a bit of javascript code to get the object type of cells in a
>> table. However, because of the way CGI's checkbox function puts a
>> <label>...</label> block around the checkbox. This confuses javascript
>> which says that the type of object in that cell is unknown.
>> [...]

> Hi Greg.
>
> What's stopping you from writing the HTML code for the
> checkbox directly?

Frankly, the code is much more readable if I use the convenience
functions. I'm trying to eliminate directly coding the HTML.

I guess I'm really irked that this was added in with no option to not
use it.

-Greg G