Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 801 router with Fast Step software

801 router with Fast Step software

ph12

I picked up a 801 router that I am trying to configure using Fast step
software. I can telnet on to the router and I can talk to it using the
console port, but fast step won't 'see' it either way. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

Walter Roberson

In article <3fa2304b$0$17859$(E-Mail Removed)>,
ph12 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I picked up a 801 router that I am trying to configure using Fast step
:software. I can telnet on to the router and I can talk to it using the
:console port, but fast step won't 'see' it either way. Any suggestions?

Cabling problem, perhaps?

Is this a used 801? If so then perhaps the configuration needs to
be reset to the default before Fast Step can talk to it. Fast Step
might make assumptions about what the IP address is, for example.
--
"Infinity is like a stuffed walrus I can hold in the palm of my hand.
Don't do anything with infinity you wouldn't do with a stuffed walrus."