Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Belkin Wireless Network / Wireless Zero Configuration Problem

Belkin Wireless Network / Wireless Zero Configuration Problem

volatile5 volatile5 is offline
Junior Member

Hope velocity reviews can help me.

I recently set up my wireless network using Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router v2001 (F5D8230-4) with WPA-PSK security. I have an iMAC G5 (OSX) with airport and Dell Dimension 4500 (WinXP SP2) with Belkin Pre-N network adapter (F5D8000). The iMAC connects without issue to the network

However, the Dell views but is unable to connect to my network. After entering WPA-PSK passcode it attempts to connect but idles in its attempt. Also it appears that using winxp (WZC) wireless zero configuration (Belkins client utility doesn't offer WPA-PSK capability) there is always a preset obscured password that clears when you attempt to type in the WPA-PSK code.

All firewalls are off, restarted WZC in services cmd, tried another belkin pre-n card I bought new yesterday, all to no avail. Belkin tech support said that the problem may lie with WZC having a preset key entered in the password region, but unfortunately they have no solution. Odd though that I am unable to connect even when disabling all security in router setup!

Thanks for your time and suggestions/solution!

Last edited by volatile5; 07-15-2006 at 02:51 AM..