Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help!!!! Having Problems Deleting Files Off Computer!!!!

Help!!!! Having Problems Deleting Files Off Computer!!!!

07-05-2006
Hello everyone,

I am having a big problem deleting certain files off my computer (most are video and/or audio). I do not get the "being used by another application warning", because THERE IS NO DELETE OPTION ONCE I RIGHT CLICK THE FILE!!!! When I right click the file, there should be an array of options, this time there are very few and there is no move, copy, delete, or properties options. Just open. I have done several virus and malware/spyware/adware scans and nothing triggers it. Some of the files are rather large and i need to delete them and free up space. HOW CAN I DELETE THESE FILES PERMANTLEY WITHOUT HAVING TO REFORMAT MY HD? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Anymore information you need...just ask...

Oh yeah...I'm currently using Windows XP Home O/S.

Thanks everyone!

07-06-2006
This is realy easy to overcome, simply download this program which will delete the files when you next restart your computer

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

07-06-2006
Thanks for the tip on the move on boot, but it still isn't working...i can't drag the file into the filename bar on move on boot, and i can't type it in because it can't find the file...and if i browse for the file, i get the same error message when i try to open it to the filename bar.

What else can I do????

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-21-2006
Try using the DOS DELETE command, from a DOS Window. Often the error message there is more meaningful. Just be careful you specify the correct file name and directory.