Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help!!!! Having Problems Deleting Files Off Computer!!!!

Help!!!! Having Problems Deleting Files Off Computer!!!!

pardonme73 pardonme73 is offline
Junior Member

Hello everyone,

I am having a big problem deleting certain files off my computer (most are video and/or audio). I do not get the "being used by another application warning", because THERE IS NO DELETE OPTION ONCE I RIGHT CLICK THE FILE!!!! When I right click the file, there should be an array of options, this time there are very few and there is no move, copy, delete, or properties options. Just open. I have done several virus and malware/spyware/adware scans and nothing triggers it. Some of the files are rather large and i need to delete them and free up space. HOW CAN I DELETE THESE FILES PERMANTLEY WITHOUT HAVING TO REFORMAT MY HD? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Anymore information you need...just ask...

Oh yeah...I'm currently using Windows XP Home O/S.

Thanks everyone!

deadhell deadhell is offline
Junior Member

This is realy easy to overcome, simply download this program which will delete the files when you next restart your computer

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

pardonme73 pardonme73 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for the tip on the move on boot, but it still isn't working...i can't drag the file into the filename bar on move on boot, and i can't type it in because it can't find the file...and if i browse for the file, i get the same error message when i try to open it to the filename bar.

What else can I do????

rofarmer rofarmer is offline
Junior Member

Try using the DOS DELETE command, from a DOS Window. Often the error message there is more meaningful. Just be careful you specify the correct file name and directory.