Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Newbie problem with Profiles

Newbie problem with Profiles

Jaimie Jaimie is offline
Junior Member

Hi all,

I have just started using asp.net and found out about profiles. I have SQL 2005 installed so ran aspnet_regsql.exe to install the aspnetdb database (which worked fine). Then I added the following code to my web.config file:

<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
<add name="LocalSqlServer"
connectionString="Data Source=JAIMIEDB\\DEVELOPMENT;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=SSPI" />
</connectionStrings>

<profile defaultProvider="MyProfileProvider">
<properties>
<add name="FirstName" />
</properties>

<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="MyProfileProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
applicationName="/WebSite1"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
</providers>

This all seemed to work ok but when I try to reference a profile property such as FirstName I get the following error:
InvalidOperationException was handled by user code
Instance failure

Have had a quick google check to see what that error means but didnt come up with much, so any help anyone has on this would be really appreciated

Still got Tbird profiles problem. davy Firefox 0 01-24-2010 11:48 AM
Profiles problem Rafa ASP .Net 0 05-30-2007 03:45 PM
Newbie: How to use ASP.NET 2.0 profiles with users authenticated via custom means Navin Mishra ASP .Net 0 09-21-2006 07:04 AM
Moz1.7.5. Multiple profiles, profiles lacking email accts crash. oops Splibbilla Firefox 0 03-21-2005 02:58 AM
yahoo profiles - server problem cc Computer Support 2 12-18-2003 03:48 AM

Advertisments