Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > DLink Wireless router installation problem

DLink Wireless router installation problem

mvlakeside mvlakeside is offline
Junior Member

i have a D-link DI-524 ver C1 and i am trying to install it with a linksys cable modem. I am running Windows XP from the computer i am trying to install it in. I go through the whole process of shutting off...pluggin in...u know the drill...anyways, when all of the lights are lighting up (power,status, WAN, and WLAN) except for the port light...no matter which port i hook into they dont respond with the computer. Ive tried resetting it. My computer's ethernet works because my son uses the xbox live with it. What could be the problem??

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Ether one of these. (dont take my word for it though)

1. the cable you are using is dead.
2. The port on the D-Link WRouter is dead.
3. The ethernet Ports on your D-Link WRouter are disabled (not sure if u can even do that, might be able to so it uses less power i dont know)

mvlakeside mvlakeside is offline
Junior Member

i've now gotten a wireless signal on my laptop and that works fine now, but the internet on my pc which is hooked directly to the modem and router is not working...it says it has limited or no connection.....?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

That generally Means its connected, but ur IP Config and stuff is incorrect.

Try hitting the repair button in the Status of the network device. Otherwise go through the network setup wizard .