Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can't save bookmarks

Can't save bookmarks

DavidM

From a suggestion on an earlier thread I moved my bookmarks file
to another location (drive):
(I used about:config to make a new pref called
browser.bookmarks.file and added the path\name for the new
bookmarks file).
I've since removed this entry - just reset it and it seems to get
deleted when FF is restarted.

However, I now cannot save any new bookmarks!
I can see all my bookmarks, and they work, but the "Bookmark this
page" dialogue box does not work properly. eg clicking the down
arrow button does not display a list of folders, and clicking the
OK button does not save the bookmark.

The bookmarks.html file (now back in its original location) looks
ok when opened in FF - no obvious corruptions), the file hasn't
got flagged as read-only, and the file owner is still me. Have
also tried reinstalling latest version of FF.

Any ideas what's wrong or what else I can try please.

Thanks, David.
(remove _notme to email)

DavidM

"DavidM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GfVig.18568$(E-Mail Removed)...
> From a suggestion on an earlier thread I moved my bookmarks file
> to another location (drive):
> (I used about:config to make a new pref called
> browser.bookmarks.file and added the path\name for the new
> bookmarks file).
> I've since removed this entry - just reset it and it seems to get
> deleted when FF is restarted.
>
> However, I now cannot save any new bookmarks!
> I can see all my bookmarks, and they work, but the "Bookmark this
> page" dialogue box does not work properly. eg clicking the down
> arrow button does not display a list of folders, and clicking the
> OK button does not save the bookmark.
>
> The bookmarks.html file (now back in its original location) looks
> ok when opened in FF - no obvious corruptions), the file hasn't
> got flagged as read-only, and the file owner is still me. Have
> also tried reinstalling latest version of FF.
>
> Any ideas what's wrong or what else I can try please.
>
> Thanks, David.
> (remove _notme to email)

Problem fixed - seemed to be a corrupt FF profile. Saved a copy of
my bookmarks.html file, deleted the old profile, started FF and it
built a new profile. Updated all my options settings and then copied
back in the saved bookmarks.html file. All seems ok.
and allowed FF to build a new one. Oh - also had to reinstall all my
extensions, but a good opportunity to undertake some spring cleaning!
David.

Newbie : How to save my bookmarks. General Fear Firefox 1 01-15-2006 03:54 PM
Firefox won't save bookmarks siDetRaked Firefox 6 08-11-2005 07:24 AM
Firefox wont save bookmarks past current session. pete.lynch@gmail.com Firefox 1 02-04-2005 11:18 AM
Save Bookmarks Ramiro Firefox 1 06-25-2004 05:39 AM
mozilla won't save bookmarks Adam Bailey Firefox 3 10-06-2003 02:27 AM

Advertisments