Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Block and copy headers?

Block and copy headers?

Rose

I use Mozilla 1.7.12. Like most of you, I get a fair bit of spam. When I
get spoof or phishing emails, I like to notify the actual company of
what I'm getting in their name. If they have a provision for simply
forwarding the email to them, that's great. However, some don't and they
want you to copy the full header to send to them. I can't seem to figure
out how to do this. I can copy each line, one line at a time, copy and
paste it into their notification form, but I can block and copy the
entire header. Is there a way to do this and, if so, what is it? Thanks!!

gwtc

Rose wrote:

> I use Mozilla 1.7.12. Like most of you, I get a fair bit of spam. When I
> get spoof or phishing emails, I like to notify the actual company of
> what I'm getting in their name. If they have a provision for simply
> forwarding the email to them, that's great. However, some don't and they
> want you to copy the full header to send to them. I can't seem to figure
> out how to do this. I can copy each line, one line at a time, copy and
> paste it into their notification form, but I can block and copy the
> entire header. Is there a way to do this and, if so, what is it? Thanks!!

View, Message Source. Or ctrl+U

--
Computer Points to Ponder #4: How do you press F1 when your PC has a
keyboard error or no keyboard present?

MC (temp) Dan [no email]

gwtc wrote:

> Rose wrote:
>
> > I use Mozilla 1.7.12. Like most of you, I get a fair bit of spam. When I
> > get spoof or phishing emails, I like to notify the actual company of
> > what I'm getting in their name. If they have a provision for simply
> > forwarding the email to them, that's great. However, some don't and they
> > want you to copy the full header to send to them. I can't seem to figure
> > out how to do this. I can copy each line, one line at a time, copy and
> > paste it into their notification form, but I can block and copy the
> > entire header. Is there a way to do this and, if so, what is it? Thanks!!

> View, Message Source. Or ctrl+U
>
> --
> Computer Points to Ponder #4: How do you press F1 when your PC has a
> keyboard error or no keyboard present?

View-->Headers-->ALL
Compose in HTML mode
Forward Message

Rose

gwtc wrote:
> Rose wrote:
>
>> I use Mozilla 1.7.12. Like most of you, I get a fair bit of spam. When
>> I get spoof or phishing emails, I like to notify the actual company of
>> what I'm getting in their name. If they have a provision for simply
>> forwarding the email to them, that's great. However, some don't and
>> they want you to copy the full header to send to them. I can't seem to
>> figure out how to do this. I can copy each line, one line at a time,
>> copy and paste it into their notification form, but I can block and
>> copy the entire header. Is there a way to do this and, if so, what is
>> it? Thanks!!

> View, Message Source. Or ctrl+U

Perfect! Thank you, gwtc!!!

John Thompson

On 2006-06-10, Rose <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I use Mozilla 1.7.12. Like most of you, I get a fair bit of spam. When I
> get spoof or phishing emails, I like to notify the actual company of
> what I'm getting in their name. If they have a provision for simply
> forwarding the email to them, that's great. However, some don't and they
> want you to copy the full header to send to them. I can't seem to figure
> out how to do this. I can copy each line, one line at a time, copy and
> paste it into their notification form, but I can block and copy the
> entire header. Is there a way to do this and, if so, what is it? Thanks!!

I just open the full message source using "CTRL-U" and select the entire
contents of that window using "CTRL-A" then copy it to the clipboard
with "CTRL-C" and finally paste it into my message to the provider using
"CTRL-V"

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Rose

John Thompson wrote:

> On 2006-06-10, Rose <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I use Mozilla 1.7.12. Like most of you, I get a fair bit of spam. When I
>>get spoof or phishing emails, I like to notify the actual company of
>>what I'm getting in their name. If they have a provision for simply
>>forwarding the email to them, that's great. However, some don't and they
>>want you to copy the full header to send to them. I can't seem to figure
>>out how to do this. I can copy each line, one line at a time, copy and
>>paste it into their notification form, but I can block and copy the
>>entire header. Is there a way to do this and, if so, what is it? Thanks!!

> I just open the full message source using "CTRL-U" and select the entire
> contents of that window using "CTRL-A" then copy it to the clipboard
> with "CTRL-C" and finally paste it into my message to the provider using
> "CTRL-V"

Thanks! I never heard of Control-U until I started watching this
newsgroup -- very handy!

gwtc

Rose wrote:

> John Thompson wrote:
>

>>On 2006-06-10, Rose <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>I use Mozilla 1.7.12. Like most of you, I get a fair bit of spam. When I
>>>get spoof or phishing emails, I like to notify the actual company of
>>>what I'm getting in their name. If they have a provision for simply
>>>forwarding the email to them, that's great. However, some don't and they
>>>want you to copy the full header to send to them. I can't seem to figure
>>>out how to do this. I can copy each line, one line at a time, copy and
>>>paste it into their notification form, but I can block and copy the
>>>entire header. Is there a way to do this and, if so, what is it? Thanks!!

>>I just open the full message source using "CTRL-U" and select the entire
>>contents of that window using "CTRL-A" then copy it to the clipboard
>>with "CTRL-C" and finally paste it into my message to the provider using
>>"CTRL-V"

> Thanks! I never heard of Control-U until I started watching this
> newsgroup -- very handy!

Click on View, Message Source and you'll see it there.

--
Computer Points to Ponder #6: Is it true that in Russia, a KGB
keyboard has no escape key?