Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Mapping to an external harddrive

Mapping to an external harddrive

Bruce A. Julseth

I have an external harddrive connected to my system via a USB port that I
have marked as "shared" however I get a "cannot connect" whenever I try to
access it.

Do I have to do something special when I map this external harddrive as a
shared device, or when I try to connect to it via network system.

Thanks...

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If it is recognized as a drive it should share and map like any other drive.
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
to be shared.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Bruce A. Julseth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an external harddrive connected to my system via a USB port that I
>have marked as "shared" however I get a "cannot connect" whenever I try to
>access it.
>
> Do I have to do something special when I map this external harddrive as a
> shared device, or when I try to connect to it via network system.
>
> Thanks...

Bruce A. Julseth

news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> If it is recognized as a drive it should share and map like any other
> drive.
> settings, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is
> allowed to be shared.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Bruce A. Julseth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have an external harddrive connected to my system via a USB port that I
>>have marked as "shared" however I get a "cannot connect" whenever I try to
>>access it.
>>
>> Do I have to do something special when I map this external harddrive as a
>> shared device, or when I try to connect to it via network system.
>>
>> Thanks...

My "regular" hard drives I am able to share so something is going on that
stops me from sharing the external HD.

I'll take look at the URL link you provided. Thank..