Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Get Your Work Bench Organized

Get Your Work Bench Organized

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Hey guys, how many of your have organized your work areas to maximize efficiency and minimize wasted time? Well, me neither. But I did get a second LCD monitor mounted on the left side of my work bench this afternoon. I hooked this LCD up to my "printer-to-computer" machine, the same one you might have seen in Maximum PC back in February 2005. Now I have two independent systems running on the work bench, and the other one (the Sun X-Terminal Mod) has a 4-port KVM switch to handle new machine builds with video, audio, and Internet connectivity.

Maybe I should be in business building mods. It certainly would be more fun than going to work M-F.....

Last edited by bigal; 06-12-2006 at 12:16 AM..

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Heres some pictures of my workstation

i have to set it up properly so all the computers are under the workbench desk. and not on the monitor desk

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1012.JPG (54.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1011.JPG (48.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1010.JPG (48.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1009.JPG (43.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1008.JPG (52.1 KB, 12 views)

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

I don't have a workbench. I work wherever I can find room, like the living room floor, sister's living room floor, a card table over my dad's place.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

man do u live in a unit or something?.... u have to have a desktop in which your computer sits on. At least that man

i wanna see your messy desk

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Come on Modfather. We know you have a secret build area. Let's see some pictures...

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Ain't got one, got a desk, sure, covered with computer stuff and lots of disks, papers, peripherals, you've seen it, remember? With all the mice and keyboards on the desk. But no workplace where I can do my modding, nope. And I live in a house, end of a row of townhouses, three stories with a den and office and half bath on the first floor, living room, dining room and kitchen on the second and bedrooms and bathroom on the third. Yeah, I could convert a bedroom into a work area but that'd be inconvenient and the shed out back isn't big enough and isn't wired.