Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox won't follow links.

Firefox won't follow links.

Dan Condon

Hello-
Not always, but much too much of the time, when I click on a link (any
link), I get a dialog box announcing that I'm trying to open (name your
link) and do I want to save it to disk or how do I want to open it. I don't
want to do either! All I want to do is go to the dern link. I close the
dialog box and try again. Usually on the 3rd or 4th try I'll get forwarded
to the requested link. Very very annoying. I do NOT get this problem with
either IE or Opera. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and keep me
from having to use Opera.

Thank you, Dan Condon (in the Poconos)

MC (temp) Dan [no email]

Dan Condon wrote:

> Hello-
> Not always, but much too much of the time, when I click on a link (any
> link), I get a dialog box announcing that I'm trying to open (name your
> link) and do I want to save it to disk or how do I want to open it. I don't
> want to do either! All I want to do is go to the dern link. I close the
> dialog box and try again. Usually on the 3rd or 4th try I'll get forwarded
> to the requested link. Very very annoying. I do NOT get this problem with
> either IE or Opera. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and keep me
> from having to use Opera.
>
> Thank you, Dan Condon (in the Poconos)

It would be of assistance if you gave a url where this problem occurs for you