Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX as an IPSec end point and a pptp server...?

PIX as an IPSec end point and a pptp server...?

Michael Gorsuch

I am beginning to look into the option of placing a PIX in my
environment, and I would like to replace my existing Microsoft VPN
server. Is there anything stopping me from configuring the outside
interface to allow hardware Easy VPN Clients as well as software based
pptp clients?

I understand how to configure pptp support, I just didn't want to try
it if it might disable my current IPSec plans.

Thanks,

Michael

Brian Bergin

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Michael Gorsuch) wrote:

|I am beginning to look into the option of placing a PIX in my
|environment, and I would like to replace my existing Microsoft VPN
|server. Is there anything stopping me from configuring the outside
|interface to allow hardware Easy VPN Clients as well as software based
|pptp clients?
|
|I understand how to configure pptp support, I just didn't want to try
|it if it might disable my current IPSec plans.
|
|Thanks,
|
|Michael

I don't believe the PIX does PPTP server, only client (could be wrong). Why not
just use Cisco VPN if you're going to do PIX VPN?

Thanks...
Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at
cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.