Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Tools & Utilities

Cisco Tools & Utilities

JohnNews

Folks:

I am looking for some Cisco tools/utilities to help with router/switch
configuration. So far I have discovered two great (free) utilities:

* Cisco ConfigMaker
* Cisco FastStep

Greatly appreciate any links or references!

Thanks in advance,
John.

Alan Strassberg

In article <vMwnb.38684$9E1.148336@attbi_s52>,
JohnNews <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Folks:
>

>I am looking for some Cisco tools/utilities to help with router/switch
>configuration. So far I have discovered two great (free) utilities:
>
>* Cisco ConfigMaker
>* Cisco FastStep

http://cosi-nms.sourceforge.net/

alan

S. Gione

Most of the recent switches have embedded web services in them to permit
browser configuration.

"JohnNews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Folks:
>

> I am looking for some Cisco tools/utilities to help with router/switch
> configuration. So far I have discovered two great (free) utilities:
>
> * Cisco ConfigMaker
> * Cisco FastStep
>
> Greatly appreciate any links or references!
>

> Thanks in advance,
> John.

Scooby

Check out the sdm (security device manager) - free to CCO users. It is a
really nice router config tool that is web based. Not perfect for all
situations, but a great starting point. I know there is the vdm (vpn device
manager) too, but I have not yet looked at it. There is the pdm for pix - I
personally stay away from that one.