Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 3port new 506e nextyear

3port new 506e nextyear

Hootch

oooh look at what I came across

"
looks like a 3 port pix 506e (do not know the model name will be though)

This new version will use the BGA2 LP version of the celeron 300mhz/100mhz
bus cpu and the 815e chipset. The reason for this is due to intels
discontinuation of the PGA version of the celerons. Voltage dissipation will
drop from 17.8 watts to 5.7 watts. RAM will still be 32mb but flash will
double to 16mb.

No word if the DMZ port is free or something that requires paying an
additional license. VLAN support is also a possibility but this might also
be a licensed feature.

ie unrestricted license (DMZ+vlan support)

forgot to add, pricing for the model will not change as it is a replacement
for the current 506e.
again I forgot to add one more thing, that useless USB port you have noticed
on the pix firewalls that will eventually be used for failover connections
so even the 506e's will have that option in the future

2004 is going to be a real interesting year concerning the entire PIX
productline

Thomas Larus

That sounds like GREAT news!!

--
Tom Larus, CCIE #10,014
Author of CCIE Warm-Up: Advice and Learning Labs

"Hootch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bnk7gf$11p74b$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> oooh look at what I came across
>
> "
> looks like a 3 port pix 506e (do not know the model name will be though)
>
> This new version will use the BGA2 LP version of the celeron 300mhz/100mhz
> bus cpu and the 815e chipset. The reason for this is due to intels
> discontinuation of the PGA version of the celerons. Voltage dissipation

will
> drop from 17.8 watts to 5.7 watts. RAM will still be 32mb but flash will
> double to 16mb.
>
> No word if the DMZ port is free or something that requires paying an
> additional license. VLAN support is also a possibility but this might also
> be a licensed feature.
>

> ie unrestricted license (DMZ+vlan support)
>
> forgot to add, pricing for the model will not change as it is a

replacement
> for the current 506e.
> again I forgot to add one more thing, that useless USB port you have

noticed
> on the pix firewalls that will eventually be used for failover connections
> so even the 506e's will have that option in the future
>

> 2004 is going to be a real interesting year concerning the entire PIX
> productline

PIX 506e (6.3 (1)) PPTP VPN with all Invalid IP's Chironex Cisco 3 10-30-2003 10:31 PM
pix 506e vlan issue Hugo Drax Cisco 0 10-25-2003 03:47 AM
Pix 506e, VPN, and overlapping pools... a love story Nate Smith Cisco 2 10-21-2003 03:38 PM
URGENT! Cisco expert for 2621VPN,1721,PIX 506E Network Design capability qazaka Cisco 0 09-24-2003 04:06 PM
PIX 506e - Can't start PDM after change old version Ms ping Cisco 1 07-08-2003 04:04 PM

Advertisments