Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > html file page break through browser.

Reply
Thread Tools

html file page break through browser.

 
 
chunji08@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-07-2006
Does someone know how to set a page break in html ?

I know how to set the breaks when this file is being print out. What I
am looking for is how to set the page break when the html file is being
viewed through any browsers.


Thanks a lot


CJ

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sid Ismail
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-07-2006
On 7 Jun 2006 16:24:46 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

: Does someone know how to set a page break in html ?
:
: I know how to set the breaks when this file is being print out. What I
: am looking for is how to set the page break when the html file is being
: viewed through any browsers.


Insert a spacer.gif (width=1 height=100) at points of break?
spacer.gif is a transparent nothing.

Sid


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-07-2006
In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Does someone know how to set a page break in html ?
>
> I know how to set the breaks when this file is being print out. What I
> am looking for is how to set the page break when the html file is being
> viewed through any browsers.
>


At the very end of your html markup for each page, put the
following line:

</html>

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
St Dog the Wet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2006
dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Does someone know how to set a page break in html ?
>>
>> I know how to set the breaks when this file is being print out. What I
>> am looking for is how to set the page break when the html file is being
>> viewed through any browsers.
>>

>
> At the very end of your html markup for each page, put the
> following line:
>
> </html>
>


This beginner tried not to laugh aloud, and spit hot chocolate on
my screen!!

 
Reply With Quote
 
chunji08@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2006

you mean something like this:

<html>
....page 1
</html>
... page 2
</html>
... page 3
</html>

I have just tried, it does not work ?

-CJ


dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Does someone know how to set a page break in html ?
> >
> > I know how to set the breaks when this file is being print out. What I
> > am looking for is how to set the page break when the html file is being
> > viewed through any browsers.
> >

>
> At the very end of your html markup for each page, put the
> following line:
>
> </html>
>
> --
> dorayme


 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
St Dog the Wet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This beginner tried not to laugh aloud, and spit hot chocolate on
> my screen!!


<g>

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2006
In article
<(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> you mean something like this:
>
> <html>
> ....page 1
> </html>
> ... page 2
> </html>
> ... page 3
> </html>
>
> I have just tried, it does not work ?
>
> -CJ
>
>
> dorayme wrote:
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> > > Does someone know how to set a page break in html ?
> > >
> > > I know how to set the breaks when this file is being print out. What I
> > > am looking for is how to set the page break when the html file is being
> > > viewed through any browsers.
> > >

> >
> > At the very end of your html markup for each page, put the
> > following line:
> >
> > </html>
> >
> > --
> > dorayme


What exactly do you want to do? If you are saying, "I have this
long doc, it has pics and text and things and it is simple to
make a printer know how to print it on separate pages but how do
you make the pages that would print on separate A4 sheets of
paper appear on separate pages of a website, the answer is that
you must put each page into a separate .html file with a link so
that the viewer can click to the next page. You cannot know what
size screen or resolution the viewer has so you cannot try to put
all in one file and hope the viewer's page down button will work
in the required quanta.

There, I have atoned for my previous flippancy.

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2006
In message
<(E-Mail Removed)>, dorayme
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>What exactly do you want to do? If you are saying, "I have this
>long doc, it has pics and text and things and it is simple to
>make a printer know how to print it on separate pages but how do
>you make the pages that would print on separate A4 sheets of
>paper appear on separate pages of a website, the answer is that
>you must put each page into a separate .html file with a link so
>that the viewer can click to the next page. You cannot know what
>size screen or resolution the viewer has so you cannot try to put
>all in one file and hope the viewer's page down button will work
>in the required quanta.
>
>There, I have atoned for my previous flippancy.


LOL!

Another option is to offer visitors a downloadable version in PDF
format, but that can be a pain unless it's a static document that
doesn't change (very often).
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Fax: +44 870 915 2124
 
Reply With Quote
 
chunji08@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2006

Well, I was thinking about this way, but somehow, that does not apply
for this case. This html is going to be attached with an email and
send to a group of people. If it is created in a group of html files,
the link on the main page will be invalid.

thanks anyway for the help


-cj


dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > you mean something like this:
> >
> > <html>
> > ....page 1
> > </html>
> > ... page 2
> > </html>
> > ... page 3
> > </html>
> >
> > I have just tried, it does not work ?
> >
> > -CJ
> >
> >
> > dorayme wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> > > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > >
> > > > Does someone know how to set a page break in html ?
> > > >
> > > > I know how to set the breaks when this file is being print out. What I
> > > > am looking for is how to set the page break when the html file is being
> > > > viewed through any browsers.
> > > >
> > >
> > > At the very end of your html markup for each page, put the
> > > following line:
> > >
> > > </html>
> > >
> > > --
> > > dorayme

>
> What exactly do you want to do? If you are saying, "I have this
> long doc, it has pics and text and things and it is simple to
> make a printer know how to print it on separate pages but how do
> you make the pages that would print on separate A4 sheets of
> paper appear on separate pages of a website, the answer is that
> you must put each page into a separate .html file with a link so
> that the viewer can click to the next page. You cannot know what
> size screen or resolution the viewer has so you cannot try to put
> all in one file and hope the viewer's page down button will work
> in the required quanta.
>
> There, I have atoned for my previous flippancy.
>
> --
> dorayme


 
Reply With Quote
 
Chaddy2222
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2006

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Well, I was thinking about this way, but somehow, that does not apply
> for this case. This html is going to be attached with an email and
> send to a group of people. If it is created in a group of html files,
> the link on the main page will be invalid.

A lot of E-mail apps block HTML among other things by default.
The best thing you could do would be to upload the files to your web
space and just send the clients a link with maybe a bit of info to go
with it.

>
> thanks anyway for the help


NP.
--
Regards Chad. http://freewebdesign.cjb.cc

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
`if (!p ? i++ : 0) break;' == `if (!p){ i++; break;}' ? lovecreatesbea...@gmail.com C Programming 12 04-14-2008 07:59 AM
2 page-break-after/before in a page ?? stephpom XML 3 08-30-2007 08:23 AM
HTML Page Break Problem rehanbasar HTML 1 06-06-2007 04:04 PM
How to add a page break to a HTML page Stefan Mueller HTML 2 03-10-2006 12:29 AM
Insert a page break in HTML Danny Ni ASP .Net 1 11-18-2004 10:49 AM



Advertisments