Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Grandstream HT 386 + Voipstunt

Reply
Thread Tools

Grandstream HT 386 + Voipstunt

 
 
fuoricorsopavia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-07-2006
Here is my actual -and not working- configuration:
http://teseand.googlepages.com/Grand...figuration.htm
what's wrong with that? I'm going mad...
Thanks for helping!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-07-2006
"fuoricorsopavia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
> Here is my actual -and not working- configuration:
> http://teseand.googlepages.com/Grand...figuration.htm
> what's wrong with that? I'm going mad...
> Thanks for helping!


In what way is it not working..?

The only thing that leaps out at me without knowing more is FXS port
impedance; this should be set to the UK value of CTR21 270+750||150nF,
assuming you're using a UK spec. phone.

More info, please.

Ivor




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-08-2006

Ivor Jones wrote:
> "fuoricorsopavia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
> > Here is my actual -and not working- configuration:
> > http://teseand.googlepages.com/Grand...figuration.htm
> > what's wrong with that? I'm going mad...
> > Thanks for helping!

>
> In what way is it not working..?
>
> The only thing that leaps out at me without knowing more is FXS port
> impedance; this should be set to the UK value of CTR21 270+750||150nF,
> assuming you're using a UK spec. phone.
>
> More info, please.
>
> Ivor


I don't think that will make any difference to the problem, it may just
affect the sidetone level.

Can you see the device on your network?

If NAT transversal is ticked a Stun server should be filled in, I
think, but I wonder if the problem is not something silly like the
password not being saved? (no offence!)
Nick

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-09-2006
"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com

[snip]

[Ref. FXS]
> I don't think that will make any difference to the
> problem, it may just affect the sidetone level.


Probably, but it was all that leapt out at me on first glance.

> Can you see the device on your network?
>
> If NAT transversal is ticked a Stun server should be
> filled in, I think, but I wonder if the problem is not
> something silly like the password not being saved? (no
> offence!)
> Nick


A STUN server isn't strictly necessary if the correct ports are forwarded,
but it certainly won't do any harm.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
paul123
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-09-2006

fuoricorsopavia wrote:
> Here is my actual -and not working- configuration:
> http://teseand.googlepages.com/Grand...figuration.htm
> what's wrong with that? I'm going mad...
> Thanks for helping!


I have a 386 which I've just configured to a voipcheap account - it
works fine.

The main difference to your settings is that in -
advanced-STUN: stun.voipcheap.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
Nick B.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-09-2006
On 9 Jun 2006 05:37:29 -0700, "paul123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>fuoricorsopavia wrote:
>> Here is my actual -and not working- configuration:
>> http://teseand.googlepages.com/Grand...figuration.htm
>> what's wrong with that? I'm going mad...
>> Thanks for helping!

>
>I have a 386 which I've just configured to a voipcheap account - it
>works fine.
>
>The main difference to your settings is that in -
> advanced-STUN: stun.voipcheap.com


Should the setting
"Use NAT IP: ntp1.ien.it (used in SIP/SDP message if specified)"
not be an ip address rather than a hostname?
--
Nick B.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary Prince
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-11-2006

"fuoricorsopavia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Here is my actual -and not working- configuration:
> http://teseand.googlepages.com/Grand...figuration.htm
> what's wrong with that? I'm going mad...
> Thanks for helping!
>


On VOIPstunt I could only get it working by using the
connectionserver.voipstunt.com
and not
sip.voipstunt.com
Hope it helps.

Regards

Gary


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grandstream ATA 386 with sipdiscount/voipbuster and voiptalk? paul123 UK VOIP 3 01-11-2006 11:00 AM
XP thinks my new computer is a 386!!! Mandy Computer Support 3 08-04-2004 05:09 AM
What is sbs.drv can not load because vsbs.386 is not available? tarzan_boy Computer Support 1 11-03-2003 08:07 PM
Win98 crash on old 386 Alistair Computer Support 5 08-30-2003 03:12 PM
Can't Clean Registry of symevnt.386 and navap.vxd. Mac Lynch Computer Support 3 07-22-2003 06:31 PM



Advertisments