Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > simple two line business solution needed

simple two line business solution needed

Neil Jarman

Hi,

I need a eimple 2 line, 4 - 6 phone solution.

What can anyone suggest?

Presently have two analog lines plus fax and Broadband.

Should we go with BT's new hosted system or get own stuff?

reagrds,

ENIL

PhilT

Neil Jarman wrote:

> I need a eimple 2 line, 4 - 6 phone solution.
> What can anyone suggest?

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=2869 plus
some IP phones perhaps ?

> Presently have two analog lines plus fax and Broadband.
> Should we go with BT's new hosted system or get own stuff?

do you specifically want VoIP lines or landlines ? uk.telecom for the
latter.

Phil

Neil Jarman

Hi Phil,

Not sure what I want - is it best to stick to landlines or go for VOIP
lines? If latter, do I need third party service to privide this?

I have no experience with telephones, just computers.

BT has tried to sell their hosted system, but required a 3 year contract.
Also quite happy with current ISP.

NEIL

"PhilT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Neil Jarman wrote:
>
>> I need a eimple 2 line, 4 - 6 phone solution.
>> What can anyone suggest?

> http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=2869 plus
> some IP phones perhaps ?
>
>> Presently have two analog lines plus fax and Broadband.
>> Should we go with BT's new hosted system or get own stuff?

> do you specifically want VoIP lines or landlines ? uk.telecom for the
> latter.
>
> Phil

Tim Bray

Neil Jarman wrote:

> Not sure what I want - is it best to stick to landlines or go for VOIP
> lines? If latter, do I need third party service to privide this?

Its a matter of what you want to do.

> BT has tried to sell their hosted system, but required a 3 year contract.
> Also quite happy with current ISP.

3 years is a bit scary. I would suggest a voipfone or gradwell account
if you want a completely hosted solution.

Tim

PhilT

Neil Jarman wrote:

> Not sure what I want - is it best to stick to landlines or go for VOIP
> lines? If latter, do I need third party service to privide this?

you'll need a service provider for incoming numbers from the PSTN,
outgoing calls etc. http://www.gradwell.net/voip/ would be a place to
start.

> I have no experience with telephones, just computers.
> BT has tried to sell their hosted system, but required a 3 year contract.
> Also quite happy with current ISP.

if its an ADSL ISP you'll be keeping one analogue phone line anyway,
which is also handy for emergencies etc.

You have the choice of using a VoIP PABX with an analogue line card and
VoIP phones, or a classic small office PSTN PABX type system with one
or more VoIP lines feeding into it as well as the analogue lines, or
some sort of 3rd party "virtual PABX".

Phil

keith@wassell.net

Neil Jarman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a eimple 2 line, 4 - 6 phone solution.
>
> What can anyone suggest?
>
> Presently have two analog lines plus fax and Broadband.
>
> Should we go with BT's new hosted system or get own stuff?
>
> reagrds,
>
> ENIL

Get yourself a BT revelation PABX , very cheap, a 2+6 config, and
either a normal ADSL router and a draytel vigortalk adaptor, or a
draytek 2800V router which has two voip lines, one or both of which can
be fed into the revelation, as the revelation can be easily expandeded
to 3+9. either /both voip lines can be allocated a geographic number of
your choice. The revelation also allows the use of standard off the
shelf phones. for your landline if Bulldog LLU is available in your
area take that over a BT line for your ADSL as their 'double' upload
bandwith of 512mb allows better quality on the voip lines.

Regards, Keith (who has that combo working sweetly for customers)

mtheodoulou@gmail.com

www.voiplex.co.uk - Give these guys a call, they may be able to help.

hairydog@despammed.com

On 7 Jun 2006 23:25:18 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Get yourself a BT revelation PABX , very cheap, a 2+6 config

No upgrade space there. I'd suggest a 3 x 8 PABX from Orchid
Electronics instead. Cheaper and probably better.

Neil Jarman

Thanks for all your answers

Havwe posted another question now...