Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > SE promoting affiliates dilemma

SE promoting affiliates dilemma

XyZed

Is this a proper dilemma or am I imagining it?

You have a successful site on widgets.
You find a company who doesn't do well in SE's who repair widget bits.
You enter into an affiliation with them.
You then plaster your site with appropriate affiliate links using the
keywords "repairs widget bits".

Is it possible for your promotion of them, as a highly successful site
for the term widgets, to so boost their SERP's that they could start
beating your own site for the term - and start getting the traffic
directly instead of through your links?

--

Free washing machine help and advice.

www.washerhelp.co.uk

www.xyzed.co.uk/newsgroups/top-posting.html

XyZed

There is circumstantial evidence that on Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:07:50
+0100, XyZed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Is this a proper dilemma or am I imagining it?
>
> You have a successful site on widgets.
> You find a company who doesn't do well in SE's who repair widget bits.
> You enter into an affiliation with them.
> You then plaster your site with appropriate affiliate links using the
> keywords "repairs widget bits".
>
> Is it possible for your promotion of them, as a highly successful site
> for the term widgets, to so boost their SERP's that they could start
> beating your own site for the term - and start getting the traffic
> directly instead of through your links?

Apologies, I meant to post this in alt.internet.search-engines. If
anyone wants to answer it I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll post it in
the proper place.