Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Export to EXCEL Problem

Export to EXCEL Problem

Aryan

Hi,
I am doing "Export to Excel" functionality, but while doing this I am
getting error. Like I have two types of Report, each type has many sub
reports inside. So I am opening new window for Each type of report by
taking help from Javascript "window.open()" and passing different type
of window name. Given below example will help you to understand my
problem.

I have Two types of Report :-
1>Report Type A
2>Report Type B

Report Type A has different Reports under it, same for Report Type B,
like

1>Report Type A
a) ABC
b) XYZ
c) JKL
2>Report Type B
a) MNO
b) PQR
c) UVW

Now i am using "window.open()" to open each type of report by providing
2 different window name for each type of report i.e.

window.open("abc.aspx","ReportA","")
window.open("mno.aspx","ReportB","")

if i do this it works fine. now the problem start as if try to open
like 2 reports from of the same type then it doesnt load the second
report which i have clicked. for e.g

I click on ABC report its open fine, now if without closing that report
window if i open XYZ report, then it doesnt show that XYZ report as it
opens only blank page with loading status.

As i have understood that they both are using same Window name to open
he excel object in the same browser.

So how to resolve this problem, as i want to open sepearte window for
each report.

Thanks in Advance

Manoj Singh