Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to change the X and Y coordinates for a .NET WebForm Hyperlink

How to change the X and Y coordinates for a .NET WebForm Hyperlink

jarrett.roberts@gmail.com

I am relatively new with C# and ASP.NET. I created an application
using WinForms in which I have several hyperlinks. I want their
position on the webpage to be determined (dynamically) based on the
state of the user. I have been checking online, but I can't find
anywhere that explains how I can change the position (coordinates) of
my HyperLink object in a way similar to below:

Hyperlink h;

h.X = 124;
h.Y = 212;

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Jarrett

John Timney \( MVP \)

you could put it into a DIV and postition the DIV

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I am relatively new with C# and ASP.NET. I created an application
> using WinForms in which I have several hyperlinks. I want their
> position on the webpage to be determined (dynamically) based on the
> state of the user. I have been checking online, but I can't find
> anywhere that explains how I can change the position (coordinates) of
> my HyperLink object in a way similar to below:
>
> Hyperlink h;
>
> h.X = 124;
> h.Y = 212;
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
> -Jarrett

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

normally this would be done in client script, as only client script can get
the actual rendered layout positions. any good javascript book will tell how
to walk the dom to calc and set postitions.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

jarrett.roberts@gmail.com

bruce barker (sqlwork.com) wrote:
> normally this would be done in client script, as only client script can get
> the actual rendered layout positions. any good javascript book will tell how
> to walk the dom to calc and set postitions.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >I am relatively new with C# and ASP.NET. I created an application
> > using WinForms in which I have several hyperlinks. I want their
> > position on the webpage to be determined (dynamically) based on the
> > state of the user. I have been checking online, but I can't find
> > anywhere that explains how I can change the position (coordinates) of
> > my HyperLink object in a way similar to below:
> >
> > Hyperlink h;
> >
> > h.X = 124;
> > h.Y = 212;
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
> >
> > -Jarrett

When I say the state of the user, I am referring to the state of
variables that were passed into the program prior to the loading of the
page. I am not referring to the client environment variables. For
example:

if(var == true)
{
place link in col 1
}
else
{
place link nin col 2
}

This is just an idea of what I'm doing. Since this really has nothing
to do with the client environment or interaction, I would think there
would be a non-client way of solving it.