Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Tooltip question

Tooltip question

ODAN

I have an application that was developed in ASP.NET/C#. On one of the pages,
we are using tooltip to display the description of the textboxes. Wehn you
move your mouse over a textbox the tooltip appears with a full description
of the textbox on which you have your mouse. By default the tooltip display
for 10 seconds and then disappear (according to Microsoft). Is there a way
to make the tooltip display indefinetly. I have I searched the MSDN it says
the duration property can be set to -1 to make the tooltip display
indefinetly but it doesn't tell me how to do that with regards to the
application. Please help!

Thanks!

Eliyahu Goldin

You should connect to the ToolTip behavior library tooltip.htc

See MSDN example
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ip/tooltip.asp

It contains a link for downloading the library.

Eliyahu

"ODAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an application that was developed in ASP.NET/C#. On one of the
>pages, we are using tooltip to display the description of the textboxes.
>Wehn you move your mouse over a textbox the tooltip appears with a full
>description of the textbox on which you have your mouse. By default the
>tooltip display for 10 seconds and then disappear (according to Microsoft).
>Is there a way to make the tooltip display indefinetly. I have I searched
>the MSDN it says the duration property can be set to -1 to make the tooltip
>display indefinetly but it doesn't tell me how to do that with regards to
>the application. Please help!
>
> Thanks!

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
> You should connect to the ToolTip behavior library tooltip.htc
>
> See MSDN example

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ip/tooltip.asp

> It contains a link for downloading the library.
>
> Eliyahu

Note however that HTC are for IE-only, and might cause other problems
(we had tons of memory leaks due to a certain HTC component, because
HTCs link the CSS engine and the JavaScript engine, thus increasing the
risk for circular references).

I think that to program a tooltip control in ASP.NET should be fairly
easy, using floating DIVs, so I would rather consider making such a
control rather than using the IE-only HTC solution.

HTH,
Laurent

Hans Kesting

> Hi,
>
>> "ODAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have an application that was developed in ASP.NET/C#. On one of the
>>> pages, we are using tooltip to display the description of the textboxes.
>>> Wehn you move your mouse over a textbox the tooltip appears with a full
>>> description of the textbox on which you have your mouse. By default the
>>> tooltip display for 10 seconds and then disappear (according to
>>> Microsoft). Is there a way to make the tooltip display indefinetly. I have
>>> I searched the MSDN it says the duration property can be set to -1 to make
>>> the tooltip display indefinetly but it doesn't tell me how to do that with
>>> regards to the application. Please help!
>>>
>>> Thanks!

> Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
> > You should connect to the ToolTip behavior library tooltip.htc
> >
> > See MSDN example
> >

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ip/tooltip.asp
> >
> > It contains a link for downloading the library.
> >
> > Eliyahu

> Note however that HTC are for IE-only, and might cause other problems (we had
> tons of memory leaks due to a certain HTC component, because HTCs link the
> CSS engine and the JavaScript engine, thus increasing the risk for circular
> references).
>
> I think that to program a tooltip control in ASP.NET should be fairly easy,
> using floating DIVs, so I would rather consider making such a control rather
> than using the IE-only HTC solution.
>
> HTH,
> Laurent

See, for example, http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

Hans Kesting

Winista

See if this helps..

http://www.netomatix.com/products/Po...p/Default.aspx

"Hans Kesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>>> "ODAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
>> > You should connect to the ToolTip behavior library tooltip.htc
>> >
>> > See MSDN example
>> >

>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ip/tooltip.asp
>> >
>> > It contains a link for downloading the library.
>> >
>> > Eliyahu

>> Note however that HTC are for IE-only, and might cause other problems (we
>> had tons of memory leaks due to a certain HTC component, because HTCs
>> link the CSS engine and the JavaScript engine, thus increasing the risk
>> for circular references).
>>
>> I think that to program a tooltip control in ASP.NET should be fairly
>> easy, using floating DIVs, so I would rather consider making such a
>> control rather than using the IE-only HTC solution.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Laurent

> See, for example, http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
>

> Hans Kesting

OD

Thank you guys, I have a few suggestions now. we do want it to work on
netscape and probably mozilla too.

How could I add a tooltip to an iframe ? Also, the tooltip contents has to be determine @ run-time ! Radu ASP .Net 1 01-08-2007 04:11 PM
Tooltip question ASP .Net 8 06-21-2004 09:48 PM
Datagrid + Tooltip question ASP .Net 2 04-26-2004 04:41 AM
Tooltip question ASP .Net 1 04-08-2004 03:07 PM
Re: Question: How to get more info on tooltip error/squiggly VB Programmer ASP .Net 1 07-01-2003 07:42 PM

Advertisments