Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Passing value between webpages

Passing value between webpages

=?Utf-8?B?YW1qYWQ=?=

Hi i have a webpage which has datagrid with one column called customer ID..
that customer ID is hyperlink mean i a click that customer ID it open a web
page and display that customer ID on that page. is it possible to exchange
value between web pages like my code is

<aspataGrid id="DataGrid1" runat="server" Height="114px" Width="320px"
ShowFooter="True">
<Columns><asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="CustID"
DataNavigateUrlFormatString="javascript:var w
=window.open('/Goto.aspx?ID={0}',null,'width=400,height=400,locat ion=no')"
DataTextField="CustID" SortExpression="CustID"
HeaderText="CustID"></asp:HyperLinkColumn>
</Columns>
thanks
</aspataGrid>

Mark Rae

"amjad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> is it possible

What happened when you tried...?

Curtis

I see the Goto.aspx?ID={0} query string. I assume the {0} is the CustID
value (BTW, this is not secure if that matters at all). Anyway, you can
save data to a Session variable and pick it up during postback in
Goto.aspx; unless you are not allowed to use Session variables.

Curtis

amjad wrote:
> Hi i have a webpage which has datagrid with one column called customer ID..
> that customer ID is hyperlink mean i a click that customer ID it open a web
> page and display that customer ID on that page. is it possible to exchange
> value between web pages like my code is
>
> <aspataGrid id="DataGrid1" runat="server" Height="114px" Width="320px"
> ShowFooter="True">
> <Columns><asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="CustID"
> DataNavigateUrlFormatString="javascript:var w
> =window.open('/Goto.aspx?ID={0}',null,'width=400,height=400,locat ion=no')"
> DataTextField="CustID" SortExpression="CustID"
> HeaderText="CustID"></asp:HyperLinkColumn>
> </Columns>
> thanks
> </aspataGrid>

=?Utf-8?B?YW1qYWQ=?=

can you show me the code how to use session variable to get that value thanks
"Curtis" wrote:

> I see the Goto.aspx?ID={0} query string. I assume the {0} is the CustID
> value (BTW, this is not secure if that matters at all). Anyway, you can
> save data to a Session variable and pick it up during postback in
> Goto.aspx; unless you are not allowed to use Session variables.
>
> Curtis
>
> amjad wrote:
> > Hi i have a webpage which has datagrid with one column called customer ID..
> > that customer ID is hyperlink mean i a click that customer ID it open a web
> > page and display that customer ID on that page. is it possible to exchange
> > value between web pages like my code is
> >
> > <aspataGrid id="DataGrid1" runat="server" Height="114px" Width="320px"
> > ShowFooter="True">
> > <Columns><asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="CustID"
> > DataNavigateUrlFormatString="javascript:var w
> > =window.open('/Goto.aspx?ID={0}',null,'width=400,height=400,locat ion=no')"
> > DataTextField="CustID" SortExpression="CustID"
> > HeaderText="CustID"></asp:HyperLinkColumn>
> > </Columns>
> > thanks
> > </aspataGrid>

shailpatel83 shailpatel83 is offline
Junior Member

Here is the good article that explains hows you can pass data between web pages.

http: // patelshailesh.com/index.php/pass-values-between-asp-net-web-pages

http: // patelshailesh.com/index.php/http-get-and-http-post-in-asp-net