Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > router resetting

router resetting

JGA

"Rick Merrill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JGA wrote:
>
>> "William P.N. Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>"JGA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

...........clip........

> Ah! That reminds me of my modem which began resetting itself at 30 min
> (random?) intervals. I finally discovered it had a same-color-as
> the-rest-of-the-case RESET BUTTON on the TOP! Yes, the upper 'shelf' had
> begun do just barely touch the reset button. Heat made the shelf sag and
> bingo!

There's a unique little trap. Just to be sure I checked mine and no, the
reset button is recessed in a little hole on the back. It almost looks like
the router is renewing the line lease or DHCP when the nic comes online
(boot). It's set for zero which according to the info should be 1 day. Why
it takes 30 minutes is anybody's guess.

Rick Merrill

JGA wrote:
> "Rick Merrill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>JGA wrote:
>>

>>>"William P.N. Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> ..........clip........
>

>>Ah! That reminds me of my modem which began resetting itself at 30 min
>>(random?) intervals. I finally discovered it had a same-color-as
>>the-rest-of-the-case RESET BUTTON on the TOP! Yes, the upper 'shelf' had
>>begun do just barely touch the reset button. Heat made the shelf sag and
>>bingo!

> There's a unique little trap. Just to be sure I checked mine and no, the
> reset button is recessed in a little hole on the back. It almost looks like
> the router is renewing the line lease or DHCP when the nic comes online
> (boot). It's set for zero which according to the info should be 1 day. Why
> it takes 30 minutes is anybody's guess.

Your problem is repeated in

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic2067.html