Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > xsl dynamic filtering

xsl dynamic filtering

sai krishna

I am having a static xml document and would like to extract a portion
of the xml and display it using xsl, but the condition on which to
filter the xml document is dynamic in nature, Is there a way to
generate dynamic xpath expressions and use them in xsl file ?

Martin Honnen

sai krishna wrote:

> I am having a static xml document and would like to extract a portion
> of the xml and display it using xsl, but the condition on which to
> filter the xml document is dynamic in nature, Is there a way to
> generate dynamic xpath expressions and use them in xsl file ?

You can define global parameters in the stylesheet which can be set
before a transformation is run e.g.
<xslaram name="parameterName" />
and then use e.g.
$paramName
when you want to access the parameter value.
How you set the parameter before a transformation depends on the API the
XSLT processor exposes.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/