Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Integrated wireless

Integrated wireless

=?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

I was curious if anyone can tell me how much range does a typical integrated
wireless adapter cover.

I looked up my particular wireless, but there is no answer to this question.

Thanks.

Don Grover

"Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was curious if anyone can tell me how much range does a typical
>integrated
> wireless adapter cover.
>
> I looked up my particular wireless, but there is no answer to this
> question.
>
> Thanks.

50-60 Meters in clear air
20-30 Meres in Building (Depending on signal restrictions)

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

Out door the above numbers might represent the real world. Indoor, there is
No general functional answer.

It depends on the environment, and even on the climate condition (the more
it is humid the less is the range).

If you have special needs, get a unit that can be fir with External
Directional Antenna.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Don Grover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was curious if anyone can tell me how much range does a typical
>>integrated
>> wireless adapter cover.
>>
>> I looked up my particular wireless, but there is no answer to this
>> question.
>>
>> Thanks.

> 50-60 Meters in clear air
> 20-30 Meres in Building (Depending on signal restrictions)

Diamontina Cocktail

"Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was curious if anyone can tell me how much range does a typical
>integrated
> wireless adapter cover.
>
> I looked up my particular wireless, but there is no answer to this
> question.
>
> Thanks.

It depends entirely on prevailing conditions. Horsehair plaster, large power
line towers, hospitals etc can all affect it. After all, it is basically
radio between points and as you know, a lot interferes with that.