Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Any suggestions for a reading list on Security?

Any suggestions for a reading list on Security?

Cindy

Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to get up
to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular e-mail updates
on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

Max Burke

> Cindy scribbled:
> Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to
> get up to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular
> e-mail updates on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

Try this news server:
news.grc.com

99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....

--
mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
See Found Images at:

rm -rf /bin/laden

"Max Burke" <mlvburke@%$%#@.nz> wrote in message
news:Z%beb.5093$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Cindy scribbled:
> > Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to
> > get up to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular
> > e-mail updates on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

> Try this news server:
> news.grc.com
>
> 99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....
>
> --
> mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
> Replace the obvious with paradise to email me.
> See Found Images at:
> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke/

GRC...?? Excuse me but.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Go here my pretty....heeheheheheheheheheheheheheh

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive
http://www.cotse.com (dead smack in front of you when you got to the URL)

This has pretty much everything you need

donutbandit

"Max Burke" <mlvburke@%$%#@.nz> wrote in
news:Z%beb.5093$(E-Mail Removed):

> Try this news server:
> news.grc.com
>
> 99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....

Let's see.... Gibson advises to use Zone Alarm and wants you to think that
if your firewall passes the very scant probes that his site does, it's
secure.

He's not QUITE as bad as Tracker, but almost.

Colonel Flagg

In article <Xns94065CBD6ED30donutbandit@216.102.43.227>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> "Max Burke" <mlvburke@%$%#@.nz> wrote in
> news:Z%beb.5093$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Try this news server:
> > news.grc.com
> >
> > 99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....

> Let's see.... Gibson advises to use Zone Alarm and wants you to think that
> if your firewall passes the very scant probes that his site does, it's
> secure.
>
> He's not QUITE as bad as Tracker, but almost.

amen. preach it brother.

gibson's a hamburger shy of a happy meal.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Colonel Flagg

In article <Z%beb.5093$(E-Mail Removed)>, mlvburke@%$%#
says...
> > Cindy scribbled:
> > Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to
> > get up to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular
> > e-mail updates on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

> Try this news server:
> news.grc.com
>
> 99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....

lol.

well, that explains that.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Lord Shaolin

"Cindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newscbeb.130019$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to get up
> to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular e-mail updates
> on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

Bug Traq (securityfocus) Full Disclosure (netsys) should get you started.

Also check this out:

http://www.darknet.org.uk/content/linkstext.txt

--

-+ Shaolin +-
Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

.: http://www.security-forums.com :.