Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > certificate revocation and expiration

certificate revocation and expiration

yelohk

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. I have some expired
certificates located under "Trusted Root Certification Authority" and
"Third Party Root Certification Authorites". I read that you shouldn't
delete root certificates, but don't know how to update them, or perhaps
this information is incorrect? A couple of them are microsoft certs
(Microsoft Timestamp Root, Microsoft Authenticode Root) and a few are
verisign certs. Some expired in 1999!

I'm not quite sure what to do with them. I changed the properties using
Microsoft Management Console to disable all purposes for this
certificate for all the expired certificates. I'm not sure if that was
the right thing to do, as I'm mucking around with things I don't really
understand...

Also I keep getting messages that Revocation Information is not
available for this security certificate, do you want to proceed? Is this
something I should be worried about? Should I not be submitting
information to these sites?

--

direct replies: yelohk AT yahoo