Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > REQ INFORMATION: Disk Encryption, free, small (see body)

REQ INFORMATION: Disk Encryption, free, small (see body)

fluk

Hey, I'm looking for a encryptoin program that is free and simple. I
need a way to encrypt a directory (Make it unopenable), and that is
about it. I've tried KPK, but that program is a long way from useable.
Isn;t there a free encryption program that will encrypt a "container"
folder that you specify? Thanks

Neowulf (Aaron VonDerheide)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 04:19:57 GMT, fluk wrote:

> Hey, I'm looking for a encryptoin program that is free and simple. I
> need a way to encrypt a directory (Make it unopenable), and that is
> about it. I've tried KPK, but that program is a long way from useable.
> Isn;t there a free encryption program that will encrypt a "container"
> folder that you specify? Thanks

Try WinPT (Windows Privacy Tools). I think it can do that. You can get it
at [ http://winpt.sourceforge.net ]. Make sure to download the PDF manual,
as it is great (way better than the average manual, which is really saying
something considering that most open source projects have below-average
documentation).

Aaron