Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Anonymiser for P2P???

Anonymiser for P2P???

Use.Netuser.de

Post from alt.internet.p2p

"Ted Strangus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
: Haha -
: Try and sue me, you bastards - I WIN AGAIN.
: We will keep file sharing forever -
: And will never know who we are!
:
: www.kazanon.com

Look like a script kiddie's attempt to trojan.
Any comments from the gurus' with the exception of never download things you
don't trust.
Thanks

Colonel Flagg

In article <bkqdcq$4ee1i$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> Post from alt.internet.p2p
>
> "Ted Strangus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> : Haha -
> : Try and sue me, you bastards - I WIN AGAIN.
> : We will keep file sharing forever -
> : And will never know who we are!
> :
> : www.kazanon.com
>
> Look like a script kiddie's attempt to trojan.
> Any comments from the gurus' with the exception of never download things you
> don't trust.
> Thanks

so, what trojan is it infected with?

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Privacy at a click:
http://www.cotse.net

A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

"...I see stupid people."

Use.Netuser.de

"Colonel Flagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
: In article <bkqdcq$4ee1i$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
: (E-Mail Removed) says...
: > Post from alt.internet.p2p
: >
: > "Ted Strangus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
: > : Haha -
: > : Try and sue me, you bastards - I WIN AGAIN.
: > : We will keep file sharing forever -
: > : And will never know who we are!
: > :
: > : www.kazanon.com
: >
: > Look like a script kiddie's attempt to trojan.
: > Any comments from the gurus' with the exception of never download things
you
: > don't trust.
: > Thanks
:
: so, what trojan is it infected with?
:
I have no idea I didn't download it was a supposition based on the rather
unprofessional site but it but it turns out that it's linked with Odysseus
Marketing so ad/spyware.

>http://www.kazanon.com/tnc.htm

>VI -The user understands, acknowledges and agrees that the application and

associated components may
>alter Internet browsing and/or computer user experiences in a manner

acceptable to Odysseus Marketing
>Inc, in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, search engine

query results, display of pop-up
>window messages, highlighting and hyperlinking of words on web pages,

redirection of error message
>pages, changing of user home page, addition of bookmarks to user's browser,

and/or other
>alterations/modifications.

John Doggypoon

I had a quick look at it in a hex editor. It is definately spyware (mscman).
It is written in Visual C++, but not linked to the C++ MFC libraries (so
probably doesn't contain any GUI code at all). Based on that (and given its
size of <100k, I'd say it's just an installer for some spyware.