Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Mailwasher - help needed.

Mailwasher - help needed.

Chris Mitchell

This maybe OT if so apologies, but it looks right to me.

Does anyone know how to stop Mailwasher from marking messages for deletion?
Mailwasher does a great job of filtering SPAM, but it's a pain having to
uncheck Bounce for each SPAM message.

Or is anyone aware of any other freebie that does a similar job but does it
better?

--
Regards.

Chris.
Please remove MAPSON (NOSPAM backwards) to reply to me by email.

donut

"Chris Mitchell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bkj958$3v7$(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know how to stop Mailwasher from marking messages for
> deletion? Mailwasher does a great job of filtering SPAM, but it's a
> pain having to uncheck Bounce for each SPAM message.

The bounce option is best left turned off. It does absolutely nothing to
deter SPAM to begin with. SPAM is mostly sent via remailers, and often with
a pirated or munged return to address.

Chris Mitchell

I appreciate that, and that is why I want to turn it off. Question is how
do I do so? Hopefully it's v easy and I'm missing something simple. Any
advice gratefully received.

--

"donut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Chris Mitchell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bkj958$3v7$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Does anyone know how to stop Mailwasher from marking messages for
> > deletion? Mailwasher does a great job of filtering SPAM, but it's a
> > pain having to uncheck Bounce for each SPAM message.

> The bounce option is best left turned off. It does absolutely nothing to
> deter SPAM to begin with. SPAM is mostly sent via remailers, and often

with
> a pirated or munged return to address.

Jerry Ennis

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 04:58:42 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Mitchell"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I appreciate that, and that is why I want to turn it off. Question is how
>do I do so? Hopefully it's v easy and I'm missing something simple. Any
>advice gratefully received.

Go to Tools - Options - Blacklist & Friends List - Options and uncheck
the two "bounce" blocks at the bottom of the box.

Chris Mitchell

These options are already de-selected, yet MW is still marking items for
bounce.

Anyone have any other ideas?

--
Regards.

Chris.
Please remove MAPSON (NOSPAM backwards) to reply to me by email.

"Jerry Ennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 04:58:42 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Mitchell"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I appreciate that, and that is why I want to turn it off. Question is

how
> >do I do so? Hopefully it's v easy and I'm missing something simple. Any
> >advice gratefully received.

> Go to Tools - Options - Blacklist & Friends List - Options and uncheck
> the two "bounce" blocks at the bottom of the box.

David S

How soes Norton Anti-Spam compare to Mailwasher?