Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > two T1s

two T1s

al

Hi all,
Are there any advantage or disadvantage if the two T1s are bonded (tied
together to look like a single 3.0Mbps line probably using IP unnumbered)
rather than load balanced with 2 separate IP addresses?
Thanks,
Al

Rob

I have found that MLPPP on a newer IOS and faster router is better
than per-packet load balancing with CEF (2 seperate IP's as you say)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:45:59 GMT, "al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>Are there any advantage or disadvantage if the two T1s are bonded (tied
>together to look like a single 3.0Mbps line probably using IP unnumbered)
>rather than load balanced with 2 separate IP addresses?
>Thanks,
>Al

e-dub

Rob wrote:

>I have found that MLPPP on a newer IOS and faster router is better
>than per-packet load balancing with CEF (2 seperate IP's as you say)
>

>On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:45:59 GMT, "al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>Are there any advantage or disadvantage if the two T1s are bonded (tied
>>together to look like a single 3.0Mbps line probably using IP unnumbered)
>>rather than load balanced with 2 separate IP addresses?
>>Thanks,
>>Al

what's the setup for something like that? could someone post some configs?