Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cable Modem / FT1 Frame Relay hybrid coalition problem

Cable Modem / FT1 Frame Relay hybrid coalition problem

Jose E. Calderon

This is my network configuration:
4 PC under Windows 98, 1 PC under WinXP, 3 Mac with 8.9O.S and other
NEt printers.

My connection to the internet was been through a CISCO 2524 Router
connected with a FT1 module in Frame Relay at 128K bandwith. FT1 local
Ip is 10.10.1.200
Router 2524 has a NAT table pointing all static IP to the Local IP's

Because the FT1 speed was not fast enough to acceess the internet, we
choose to add to the network a Cable Modem service. The cable modem
access uses a Motorola modem and the Router is a Benkley 4 ports
router. The Cable Modem IP is 10.10.1.199

THe problem that I am having is that my CISCO router started acting
erratic. The alert alarm light of teh CISCO router goes on all the
time forcing me to shut the cisco router off and On for re-set. I have
contacted my an IT administrator, but he has not been able to pin
point to the real problem. He just noticed that the CISCO router shows
lots of coalitions (What ever this means , I do not know).

I momentarily placed the Cable modem out of service from the Net and
it looks like the CISCO router comes back O.K. I could come to the
conclusion that the CISCO router does not like this type of hybrid
combinations.

Has anyone heve faced this problem? Do any of you have a fix for this?

Thanks your

Jose E. Calderon
CS Group
Reliable Engineering Services