Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > D-Link Dl-704P vs NetGuard FR114P

D-Link Dl-704P vs NetGuard FR114P

Steve

Hi,

These seem to be the two respected sorta firewalls in the under $100 price
range. I know their basic capabilities but am not sure why I've found the D-
Link for $50 and the best I can find on the NetGuard is $79. They both offer
print serve, although people seem to be complaining about the NetGuard in this
area. I'm pretty new to the router technicalities so could anyone point out
why the large price premium? Both reportedly have good tech support and the
only major non-technical point I can find is that the NetGuard has a three
year warranty.

Thank you, Steve.

Jim Watt

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:59:22 -0700, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>These seem to be the two respected sorta firewalls in the under $100 price
>range. I know their basic capabilities but am not sure why I've found the D-
>Link for $50 and the best I can find on the NetGuard is $79. They both offer
>print serve, although people seem to be complaining about the NetGuard in this
>area. I'm pretty new to the router technicalities so could anyone point out
>why the large price premium? Both reportedly have good tech support and the
>only major non-technical point I can find is that the NetGuard has a three
>year warranty.
>
>Thank you, Steve.

An alternative would be a Cisco Ws-X3011-Ch at $2,499.33

That you can buy a router for under $100 is frankly amazing
they are also good products, buy one and enjoy.
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com