Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > MSblast.F suspected author arrested

MSblast.F suspected author arrested

toro

The whole story from CNET:

<URL:http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5071030.html>

and from the antivirus company's website:

<URL:http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/presscenter.php?menu_id=23&n_id=41>

While these are great news, I'd also like to read about the arrest of the
creator of the original Blaster. Wouldn't you ?

--
__________________________________________________ __
\___fwtis AT cha /__ / ACK and thou_______/

Bill

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:27:53 +0300, toro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>While these are great news, I'd also like to read about the arrest of the
>creator of the original Blaster. Wouldn't you ?

Somehow, I don't think he is quite as stupid as those copying the worm
and creating the varients.

W.S. Blevins
PGP Public Key ID: 0xC780309A

null@zilch.com

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:27:53 +0300, toro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The whole story from CNET:
>
><URL:http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5071030.html>

MSBlast suspect faces 15 years

"Among the programmers in our company, I have been confronted by a
wave of sympathy for him. They want to know why we identified him and
gave him up to the police," Mihai Radu, a spokesman for BitDefender,
said.
************************************************** *******************
Seems the av programmers have a screw loose just as badly as the
offender.

Art
http://www.epix.net/~artnpeg

Mr. Sandman

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:45:46 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:27:53 +0300, toro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The whole story from CNET:
>>
>><URL:http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5071030.html>

>************************************************* *********************
>MSBlast suspect faces 15 years
>
>"Among the programmers in our company, I have been confronted by a
>wave of sympathy for him. They want to know why we identified him and
>gave him up to the police," Mihai Radu, a spokesman for BitDefender,
>said.
>************************************************* ********************
>Seems the av programmers have a screw loose just as badly as the
>offender.
>

>Art
>http://www.epix.net/~artnpeg

Makes you wonder how they spend their free time.

Bill

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:45:46 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>MSBlast suspect faces 15 years
>
>"Among the programmers in our company, I have been confronted by a
>wave of sympathy for him. They want to know why we identified him and
>gave him up to the police," Mihai Radu, a spokesman for BitDefender,
>said.
>************************************************* ********************
>Seems the av programmers have a screw loose just as badly as the
>offender.

That should paint a pretty clear picture of which product NOT to
purchase.

W.S. Blevins
(E-Mail Removed)
PGP Public Key ID: 0xC780309A

Tried to help, nearly got arrested Kevin Wireless Networking 4 07-24-2005 05:48 PM
Teen Hacker arrested over Cisco attack Random Guy Cisco 0 05-10-2005 04:43 PM
Arrested G. Morgan Computer Support 3 02-28-2005 12:47 AM
Anyone ever arrested for taking a photo in the U.S.? JohnCM Digital Photography 24 06-28-2004 07:22 PM
Braindumper Group Arrested! Jeffrey W. Roach MCSE 5 02-09-2004 03:23 PM

Advertisments